CompE Weekly Email
Midterms are Over!
At least I hope your midterms are done. Just a short email this week, only a few things to mention:
- Bonspiel Results
- Israel High-Tech Industry and Innovation Talk
- Microsoft Scholarship Opportunity
- Blood Drive in Honour of Brent Volk
1. Curling Bonspiel Results
Congratulations to the Baby Seal Clubbers on winning the Bonspiel!
Thank you to all teams who participated.
2. Israel High-Tech and Innovation Opportunity
A special presentation on the state of innovation, Hi-Tech and Israeli-Canadian business relations is coming up on November 17th at 5:30pm. Come learn how a country lacking in natural resources has managed to tune their intellectual resources to propel them to one of the world's most stable economies.
This event will be taking place in Colt Design Lab tonight.
3. Microsoft Scholarship Opportunity
Microsoft's undergraduate scholarship program is an amazing opportunity for undergrad students pursuing degrees in computer science and related technical disciplines. By applying to the Microsoft Scholarship Program, you may be eligibile for full or partial tuition for the 2015-2016 academic year.
Student Eligibility Criteria:
- Currently enrolled full-time in a bachelors degree
- Pursuing a degree in CS, CE or STEM related technical discipline
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 / 4.0 or higher
Visit their scholarship website for more information.
4. Blood Drive in Honour of Brent Volk
Family, Friends and classmates are supporting a blood drive in the name of Brent Volk. There will be sign up sheets available for you to leave your name and a message for his family after donating.
Make an appointment to donate in Brent's honour between November 24th-December 8th.
There will be a table in the atrium for the next two weeks.
Book online: https://www.blood.ca