- Curling Bonspiel
- Halloween Trick or Treating
- Tackl Front-End Dev Position
- CMPUT 469
Saturday, November 7th, 2015
It's that time of year again! Join us for the 5th annual Computer Engineering Curling Bonspiel. It will be hosted on November 7 at the Granite Curling Club. Sign up and more information is available in the Computer Engineering Club room (ETLC E2-040M). It requires teams of 4, $30 per person, and your spot is secure once you and your team has paid. Dinner and equipment will be provided. Space is limited so sign up soon! If you don't have a team, come to the Computer Engineering Room and tell us your name and we'll contact you if we find enough individuals to form a team for you. Players of all skill levels are welcome.
Halloween Trick or Treating
Friday, October 30th, 2015
Dress up on Friday to get candies from the club rooms in ETLC. Especially if you have a midterm that day. Nothing will give you more confidence for your test than a ridiculous costume and some sugar.
Tackl Front-End Dev Position
Tackl is seeking a Front-end Stack Engineer to work up and down its technology stack. They have already completed their back-end and user interface.
The successful candidate will be:
- A problem solver: You are scrappy, ingenious, and relentless in solving complex problems.
- User focused: You are passionate about creating websites that improves the lives for millions of users and building delightful user experiences.
- Communication and collaboration: You are able to work effectively with others. It’s more important because you will be working with the team, remotely.
- High-energy, positive, fun attitude: Must be motivated to work on your town term in a fast-paced environment
Come to CMPUT 469 at 5pm on Thursday at RATT. It's a fun event put on by UACS (Comp Sci's) where you'll get to meet people and drink! It's lots of fun and you deserve a break.
Also, UACS pays for FREE APPETIZERS!!!!
Who could say no to free appetizers?
This week, we're mixing it up: instead of a puzzle, we have a “mad libs” style game for you. We'll post the most amusing submission next week and the source code for the site so you can see how hacked together it is.
Access the game
Last week's solution